Thursday, April 28, 2011

Depot Study Board Models













































These are my depot study models that were built as a way to study space. We then were able to space plan and design a well working layout for our bed and breakfast. The purpose of this is to make yourself start thinking spacial wise about the area and how you might start to apply your concept inside the actual space instead of just drawing it. Yes, this does take more time and is a pain, but it is truly worth it. You are able to think more abstractly when you are actually able to see the space in 3D and play around with it. I wanted to incorporate the concept of strict structures and forms being intersected by fluid shape and form. This is why I have the curved walls in my designs and also why I have curved walls going into straight walls. This part of my design process actually came first and is what ultimately got me thinking of how I might utilize and make an aesthetically pleasing and functional space out of this old depot.

No comments:

Post a Comment