Friday, February 25, 2011

205 Final: Sunset and Nightlife















































This is my end of the semester studio project that entailed me going through the process of interviewing a client (one of my classmates) and asking them a series of questions that would better help me design the perfect room for them. I was to design a room out of a 2,500 sq. ft living space that was chosen by the client, along with a desired paint color, inspirational piece and furniture piece. From this I was then able to come up with a concept for the room just from the pieces I was given and also design a space. This space's concept is derived from the idea of a sunset and how someone can have a bubbly personality (sun/bright) but also a serious one (sunset/intense/rich). This is apparent through my space's design and color. The bright colors of orange and yellow represent the bubbly side of a person and the deep mauve color shows the person's serious side. This is a place that can let in the sun during the day, the sunset in the evening and the glow of the city's nightlife at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment