Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Railroad depot: MICHIGAN CENTRAL STATION


This is my depot case study of the Michigan Central sation Depot that I did for part of the research and the process of the final project in studio. This involved researching a depot across the US and then making a poster using indesign to show our graphic skills and elements and principals of design. Each person in my group of 4 did a case sudy and all followed the same template. We then got together as a group and presented our research to the rest of the class that had different case studies as well on different topics. This is not only a way to show my understanding of the the elements and principals of design and my graphic presentation, but is also a way for me to research a bit about the adaptive re-use of old train depots. Our final project is asking us to take the old train depot (Pufferbelly) in pullman, and restore it to be a bed and breakfast art history hotel. I hope with what I have learned and research that it will help me with this process of designing a great bed and breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment