Tuesday, February 15, 2011
















This is a sketch that I drew of my interpretation of the CUBS environment while I was "visually impaired" (not blind). This workshop asked us to walk around the CUB in glasses smeared in petrolium jelly which stimulated how it would feel to be partially blind. This sketch I drew shows some of the environments problems that I encountered, such as the CUBS lighting that reflects off the marble flooring. This makes it hard to determine where you are at and makes for a hard time determining where you might be at. This sketch also shows the ATM in which we had to locate. I thought that the flashing lights around the card slot did a great job showing where the card goes and then you were able to know that the key pad was close by, along with the brail to help guide you in number patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment