Monday, February 28, 2011

Final Textile Design


Displayed above is my final textile design which I will be using at some point and place throughout my bed and breakfast. I was able to come up with this textile pattern after playing around with a number of different modules (like the one displayed on the bottom). The modules that we were to draw were supposed to some how represent our depot's inspiration object and also your artist's work combined. We were to choose the best two modules from a selection of eight that we had chosen from a prior fifty. I took the best two and played around with them in photoshop and indesign. I experimented around with different color schemes and patterns that I could lay the module out in and discovered that after transforming, shrinking, flipping, rotating and reflecting, I had alot of different patterns to choose from, all coming from the same module. I was able to come to a comfortable stop with this pattern. I thought that this module made a strong pattern and also a good interpretation of the wooden beams, (which is my depot's inspiration object) and my artist's work. I think that the over all pattern is working well in my design and displays what I want to portray, but I think next time I would design a module whose over all pattern is more loose feeling so that it doesn't look so heavy and strict in shape. I need to figure out what part of my design is most important whether it be the concept of the structural part of the design or the concept of fluidity, movement and the curves of the human body of the design.

TEXTILE REFLECTION ESSAY

After receiving my textile, I feel that my concept and is portrayed at large through out the whole textile. Both the colors and way in which I chose to lay my module out to make the repeated pattern explains my concept well. The straight beams and the round bursts of purple and magenta really help to model the concept of beauty with in a universal structure.

When looking at this textile as a whole your eye begins to flow from one corner to the other, making an over all well rounded textile design. You really do start to feel the concept while looking at the textile.

The only thing I would have done differently with this design is play around with the pattern a bit more. I know that after I sent in my textile order I tried some different pattern ideas and the mirrored pattern made for an even better concept relation. The way in which the mirrored modules met each other made a beautiful, organic, round shape through out the design, which would have made more sense to the view right away.

Other than that, I really do like the textile and cannot wait to begin to think 3-D about my space and this textile that will be incorporated in it some how.

No comments:

Post a Comment